Jolly Old England

Monday, September 26, 2005

Random Observations

Every outlet I've seen has its own switch. The UK is insane about its electrical system.

All the switches I've seen in the hotel are toggle switches that rock back and forth, not the switch-thingy-sticks-out-and-you-flick-it-up-and-down type that we have in the U.S. I'll take a picture if this is something that occurs outside of the hotel.

The toilets in the UK are odd looking. They're very deep. I'll take a picture some time.

My hotel sink has a faucet for hot and a faucet for cold. That is stupid. How do you get water that isn't too hot to wash your hands with?

The toilet flush handle is on the opposite side on the toilet in my hotel than I'm used to. I need to keep my eye out to see if that's a general trend. You also have to hold it down rather than just push it once.

I bet the city of London goes through a lot of water in a day.

The fan in the bathroom comes on with the light, but it keeps running for a bit (a minute or two, I think... I haven't timed it.) after you turn the light off. That's kinda smart.

I missed "ill" on the last list of words. I'm not sure if they use "ill" exclusively in place of when I'd say "sick", but I have a sneaking suspicion that might be the case.

Everything is really expensive here. The prices are the same or higher BEFORE the exchange rate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home